|Important: You must answer your security question in order to reset your password. If you do not remember the answer to your security question, you will need to contact our Customer Care Team from the email address associated with the account in question, we will then be able to assist you in resetting your password.|
You are able to reset your 23andMe account by following the instructions below:
- Click the "Forgot your password?" link on the Sign In page, or navigate directly to the password recovery page.
- On the password recovery page, enter your account email address and complete the security check, then click the Send Password Reset button. A password reset email will be sent to the address you enter. Make sure that you enter the email address associated with your 23andMe account.*
- Look for an email titled "23andMe Password Reset Request" sent from the address email@example.com and follow the instructions included in this message.
- You will then need to enter your account email address and the answer to your secret question. The secret question is the one you selected when you first created your account. If you do not remember your secret question, contact us.
- Enter a new password; the password needs to be a minimum of 6 characters.
If you do not receive the password reset email, we suggest the following:
- Check your spam and trash folders for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send an email to email@example.com and then go through the password reset flow.
- Check your email later. There may be a delay in sending or receiving this email. Typically customers will receive the email within a few minutes but in some cases it may take up to 24 hours.
- Make sure that you are checking the email account associated with your 23andMe email address, and make sure that the email address is able to send and receive emails.
*If you do not remember your account email address or no longer have access to it, our Customer Care Team will be able to assist you with updating and accessing your account.