The best way for us to obtain sufficient quantities of DNA for our analysis is through a saliva sample. Saliva samples offer a convenient and non-invasive method for DNA sample collection as compared to hair and blood samples. Cheek swab samples of DNA (as you may have seen on television programs or in movies) do not consistently give sufficient DNA yields for the testing that we conduct.
Articles in this section
- Contact 23andMe Customer Care
- Announcing the 23andMe Ancestry + Traits Service
- How 23andMe Personal Genetic Service Works
- About the 23andMe Personal Genetic Service
- Will I receive health reports?
- Different Ancestry Information by Gender
- What can 23andMe do for me if I am adopted?
- What unexpected things might I learn from 23andMe?
- Why do you need saliva samples?
- How does 23andMe genotype my DNA?